Associate In-House Counsel
Tauber Oil Company is accepting applications for Associate In-House Counsel.
This Attorney, based in Houston, Texas, will report to the General Counsel and assist with a wide variety of inhouse work which may include contracts facilitating the energy commodities trade; corporate and organizational activities; acquisitions; compliance program; human resources. The potential for growth in this role is significant, this attorney may grow in this role to be involved in most every area of Tauber Oil Company and its affiliates.
- Delivery of accurate and timely document review, including confidentiality agreements, credit-support documents, general terms and conditions, and master agreements (e.g. NAESB), storage and transportation documents, corporate insurance, service agreements, acquisition documentation, etc.
- Initiate contract enabling process with counterparties, manage the flow of communication, review, negotiate, and keep organized such contracts.
- Assist traders and other internal clients with their legal needs.
- Assist with corporate governance efforts and M&A activity.
- Perform activities related to state registrations and other corporate requirements.
- Collaborate with front office, credit, operations, and other departments to ensure accuracy and prioritization of commercial activity.
- Assist where required with the compliance program and due diligence efforts.
- Assist the General Counsel with various other responsibilities.
- A Law degree is required.
- Experience with physical commodity and commodity derivatives contracts (e.g., NAESB, ISDA, other purchase and sale agreements) is preferred;
- Experience within the energy industry is preferred.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- Team player but also able to work independently;
- Good communication skills, need to be able to discuss with senior management, corporate lawyers, business counterparts and external advisers;
- Demonstrates integrity at all times;
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- Punctual, precise, hands-on mentality and service-oriented;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS office applications.