POSITION SUMMARY: The Desktop Support Technician (SDT) position reports to the Director of IT and provides Level 1-2 customer service as well as helps maintain the IT environment with the rest of the IT Team. The IT team supports 120+ internal users across multiple locations in the Tauber Oil Companies enterprise.
• Provides Level 1 and 2 support for user-facing technology including, but not limited to: desktop and laptop PC hardware; Windows desktop OS, browser and installed desktop applications; desk phones; network copy/print/scan/fax devices; smartphones; wired LAN and wireless WLAN public and private Wi-Fi connectivity; conference phones and other audio-visual equipment.
• Works with users to identify their needs and the solutions to their needs within established IT standards, SLAs, policies, protocols, procedures, and budget.
• Assist the IT Team with creation, testing, maintenance/updates, and deployment of standard Windows PC image including drivers and standard applications.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies and trends.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts daily with IT Team, contractors, consultants and vendors, as well as local corporate office users and remote users at other office locations.
• Exceptional customer service capabilities, including communication, follow-up and documentation.
• Strong problems solving skills.
• Excellent organizational & time-management skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• 2+ years of professional IT help desk/desktop support and technical support experience in a team environment in a similar dynamic services organization with multiple corporate and branch offices across multiple U.S. time zones is required.
• Demonstrate exceptional customer-service orientation and approach with basic understanding Service Desk Operations, Problem & Incident Management and prompt ticket update/follow-up/escalation are required.
• Excellent verbal communications skills for telephone and face-to-face interactions with executives and staff at all levels, as well as solid written communication skills for e-mail, ticket notes, “how to” and technical documentation are required.
• Strong personal time and schedule management skills with ability to effectively monitor and manage multiple tasks throughout the workday are required.
• Strong problem-solving skills combined with technical “know how”, logical isolation and root cause determination, as well as sound professional judgement to escalate, replace or workaround a problem to comply with SLA are highly desirable.
• Hands-on experience procuring, imaging, configuring, deploying, supporting and break/fix for PCs is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting: 50%
• Standing: 40%
• Walking: 10%
• Lifting: up to 50 lbs.